Check out the below recent job postings. Best of luck to all who apply!
FairField Center & Harrisonburg International Festival
The Fairfield center has been a pillar in the Shenandoah Valley since 1982 as the first mediation
center in Virginia. Fairfield Center is committed to inclusivity, equity, and the just resolution of
conflicts by empowering individuals and communities to live and work together.
The Executive Director is responsible for managing and providing leadership to:
1. staff, adjunct service providers, and Center volunteers
2. program areas and administrative operations
3. publicity, fundraising and financial management activities.
A. Report to the Board of Directors in general and specific Committees (Executive, Finance, Board &
Staff Development, Marketing, and Ad Hoc).
B. Supervise Program Directors, sub-contractors, and select volunteers and student interns. Respond to mediator inquiries as appropriate.
C. Oversees the Harrisonburg International Festival and acts as the main point of contact.
VIEW FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Public Involvement Practitioner (Account Executive) for Environmental Communication and Public Participation Programs
Location Flexible, California
Remote Position with Travel
K&A is a nationally-recognized communication consulting firm specializing in strategic communications, stakeholder outreach and public involvement programs for public and private sector clients. From water and public utilities, to energy, transportation, environmental sustainability to real estate development, and civic issues, we maintain committed to providing communication programs for important community issues. We help our clients communicate effectively about things that matter.
This position will support the development and implementation of communication, stakeholder outreach, and public involvement programs for environmental regulatory review and land use, community, and transportation planning processes. Clients may include local, regional, state and federal agencies. Some travel will be required.
We’re looking for candidates that can serve as project managers or assistant project managers to our clients. Candidates should have experience managing projects from start to finish. We are seeking individuals who can work with multiple clients, projects and tasks at one time; produce high-quality client deliverables in a deadline-driven environment; display strong time management skills; effectively prioritize and delegate tasks; remain flexible when projects and priorities change; and display strong presentation skills for new business presentations and conferences. Candidates should also have strong writing skills, including a command of AP style and English grammar, to communicate complex technical information in easy to understand ways.
Primary responsibilities for the position include developing and implementing communication and public involvement strategies specific to client needs; developing and distributing informational materials in various formats; planning and implementing community engagement events and public meetings (in-person and virtual); coordinating and participating in client meetings (in-person and virtual); reviewing scopes of work and budgets; and assisting with business development, including participating in networking events and professional organizations, and supporting new business proposals. Familiarity with online engagement is a plus. High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher) is a must. Stakeholder meeting facilitation training and/or experience is a plus, but not required.
Task responsibilities may include:
· Serving as project manager or assistant project manager on assigned projects, managing project support staff and project deliverables, including responsibility for successful implementation of our scope of work and budget
· Developing and implementing communication and public involvement plans
· Managing project tasks, deadlines, budgets and delegation to support staff
· Writing and producing public-friendly informational materials, such as fact sheets, posters, videos, presentations and notices, including coordinating graphic design and printing
· Planning community engagement events and meetings (in-person and virtual), and overseeing logistical support
· Planning and implementing stakeholder work groups, advisory groups and committees
· Researching and identifying stakeholders and overseeing the development of stakeholder databases
· Communicating directly with stakeholders when requested by clients
· Supporting new business and proposal development, including preparing and delivering new business presentations and reviewing or developing scopes of work and budgets
· Participating in professional development activities
· Serving as supervisor and/or mentor to junior staff
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Cover letter should indicate experience and interest in managing, developing and implementing public involvement and outreach programs.
You can see the details of the job on LinkedIn here:
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Communications and Marketing Manager
We’re looking for a new Communications and Marketing Manager who is an expert content strategist with lots of creative ambition. You will work closely with the Senior Communications Manager in producing content, stories, and materials that help us reach our communications goals: growing our audience; marketing our programs; and supporting our program alumni.
As part of a small, energetic team, you’ll be responsible for a full range of communications activities, from planning campaigns to designing assets to tracking metrics. You’ll work closely with program staff to articulate the impact our program participants have in their communities and amplify stories of their work as civic catalysts. You’ll build our brand, write responsive and relevant content on citizenship and democracy, and help grow CU’s influence as a civic culture building organization. If you are ready to bring your talents, enthusiasm, and care to our team, please apply!
Grow and develop communications audience
A successful candidate will…
View the full description here: FULL JOB DESCRIPTION